How to enter an Item:
- When you create Items you can also save a description that includes all the details of the Item. The description box will automatically fill in when you choose a saved item that has a description.
- Next you will enter the Quantity that you are purchasing and the Unit of Measure (U/M).
- Enter the individual Cost of the item (how much you paid for each item) and the Subtotal will automatically be calculated. If you enter only the Subtotal of the item line, the individual Cost will automatically be calculated as long as you have a Quantity.
- You can set up Tax Type in Company Preferences. On the line items you can choose the tax that is applicable to each item.
- If you need to add more line items, press Add 5 more lines... at the bottom left of the page.
- When all of the information for the Bill has been entered press Save & Close. If you would like to continue entering bills press Save & New. If you are unhappy with the entire Bill and would like to start over press Revert and you will be returned to the last saved version of the Bill (if it was a blank bill then it will return to being blank).
- Once the items have been saved you can click on the Item Name to view the inventory levels, item history, item details, and related items.