Enter Information on a Bill
- ZarMoney automatically enters the current date for new orders. To change it, manually enter the date without dashes (MMDDYYYY) or click the calendar to the right and choose the date. The arrow on the left of the month will take you back a month and the arrow on the right will take you forward a month. At the bottom of the pop-up window you can select today's date.
- This should be the date that your vendor is invoicing/billing you.
- If the Vendor is not already in the Vendor List, you will be prompted to add the Vendor. This will only add their name, you can go back and add their contact information at a later time. If you would like to add their information immediately, choose the pencil that is to the right of the vendors name after you add them. When adding a bill from a vendors Transactions page, the vendor information will already be entered on the Bill.
- When you enter the vendor name, a pop-up screen will appear with all of their open purchase orders that do not have bills entered for them yet. If the Bill you are entering is related to an order that is shown, check the box next to it and select OK.
- When you enter a Bill from a related order, the items, quantity and pricing from that order will automatically be entered. At this point you can make an adjustments that are necessary, including adding or subtracting items or changing pricing.
Enter due date (if applicable).
- Enter reference number if applicable.
- If your company has multiple locations or storefronts you can set this up in Company Preferences. On the Bill you can choose the location of the transaction.
- When you have multiple locations, they will be available in a drop down list.
- These are the terms that are established with the Vendor regarding when payment is due.
- When you enter payment terms, the due date will automatically be calculated and entered on the Bill.
- You can customize fields for all orders, customers, vendors, and items.
- To add Custom Fields, hover over Company and select Company Preferences.
- A side list will appear and you will need to choose Custom Fields. Select Bills from the drop down menu.
- From the drop down menu you choose which type of Custom Field you want to add. A Check Box would apply if you wanted to add a field that just required a notation that it was completed. A Date would apply if you wanted to track the day a task was completed or needs to be started. A Drop Down List would be used if you have multiple options for a field and need to be able to individually choose on each Bill. Lastly, a Text Box would be used if you needed to add a specific notation that was always going to be different on every Bill.