Enter Items on a Sales Order
Modified on: Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Entering Items on a Sales Order
- When an item is created, a description that includes all the details of the item can also be noted. The Description Box will automatically fill in when a saved item that has a description.
- Enter the Quantity being purchased and the Unit of Measure (U/M).
- Enter the individual Sales Price of the item and the Subtotal will automatically be calculated. If only the Subtotal of the item line is entered, the individual Cost will be calculated automatically as long as you have a Quantity.
- You can set up Tax Type in Preferences. On the line items you can choose the tax type that is applicable to each item.
- To add more line items, select Add 5 more lines... at the bottom left of the page.
- When all of the information for the Sales Order has been entered, select Save & Close. To continue entering Sales Orders, select Save & New. To delete all the changes that were made to this Sales Order, select Revert and the screen will return to the last saved version of that Sales Order (if it was a new Sales Order, it will have been deleted and the screen will return to a blank Sales Order).
- Once the items have been saved, select Item Name to view the inventory levels, item history, item details, and related items.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?