A Quick Sale is an order that acts as a Sales Order, Invoice and also a Receipt of Payment. It confirms the quantity and price of items/services sold, removes them from inventory, and receives payment. Use this order when the customer is paying for and picking up the items/services at the time of purchase.
From any page in ZarMoney, hover over the Customers tab and select New Quick Sale from the drop down menu.
To enter a new Quick Sale for a specific customer:
From the customers Transactions screen hover over Add a new... and select Quick Sale. The customer information will already be filled in. The description and price of items/services being sold must be entered.
- ZarMoney automatically enters the current date for a new Quick Sale. To change it, manually enter the date without dashes (MMDDYYYY) or click the calendar to the right and choose the date. The arrow on the left of the month will take you back a month and the arrow on the right will take you forward a month. At the bottom of the pop-up window you can select today's date.
The date entered should be the date that the materials/service was ordered by the customer.
- If the customer is not already in the Customer List, you will be prompted to add the customer. This will only add their name. Contact information can be entered at a later time. To add their information immediately, select the Pencil icon to the right of the customer's name after it has been added.
- When adding an Invoice from a customer's Transactions page or from a Sales Order, the customer's saved information will already be entered on the Invoice.
- If your company has multiple locations or storefronts you can set this up in Company Settings. On the invoice you can choose the location of the transaction.
- When you have multiple locations, they will be available in a drop down list.
- This is the billing address but you will not be sending the customer a bill because they will be picking up and paying for the items/services at the same time.
- You can customize fields for all orders, customers, vendors, and items.
- To add Custom Fields or to change Preferences, hover over Company and select Company Preferences.
- From the next screen you can select which Preferences you want to modify. For this example we will look at Quick Sale Custom Fields.
- From the drop down menu you choose which type of Custom Field you want to add. A Check Box would apply if you wanted to add a field that just required a notation that it was completed. A Date would apply if you wanted to track the day a task was completed or needs to be started. A Drop Down List would be used if you have multiple options for a field and need to be able to individually choose on each Quick Sale. Lastly, a Text Box would be used if you needed to add a specific notation that was always going to be different on every Quick Sale.
Entering Items on a Quick Sale:
- When an item is created, a description that includes all the details of the item can also be noted. The Description Box will automatically fill in when a saved item that has a description.
- Enter the Quantity being purchased and the Unit of Measure (U/M).
- Enter the individual Sales Price of the item and the Subtotal will automatically be calculated. If only the Subtotal of the item line is entered, the individual Cost will be calculated automatically as long as you have a Quantity.
- You can set up Tax Type in Preferences. On the line items you can choose the tax type that is applicable to each item.
- To add more line items, select Add 5 more lines... at the bottom left of the page.
- When all of the information for the Quick Sale has been entered, select Save & Close. To continue entering Quick Sales, select Save & New. To delete all the changes that were made to this Quick Sale, select Revert and the screen will return to the last saved version of that Quick Sale (if it was a new Quick Sale, it will have been deleted and the screen will return to a blank Quick Sale).
- Once the items have been saved, select Item Name to view the inventory levels, item history, item details, and related items.
- To receive a payment for a Quick Sale, complete the payment details at the bottom of the Quick Sale. The payment must be filled out to save the Quick Sale. Enter the Payment method (credit card, cash, etc.), reference number, and where you would like it deposited (you can designate a default action for this i.e. deposit bag). The date of the payment is the date of the Quick Sale by default and the amount is the full amount of the Quick Sale.
- To view the payments for a Quick Sale, press Pre-Payment: (located on the bottom right just below the Grand Total) and the details of the payment will appear.
- There are many different kinds of files that can be attached to a Quick Sale. You may want to attach a file to show that a customer signed at the time of purchase verifying pricing and quantities ordered.
- To attach a file to a Quick Sale, select the Paperclip icon. The Attachments Box will come up, select Choose File and browse your computers files to find the one you want. Maximum attachment is 25MB. After locating the file, select Open and then select Attach. We recommend saving the files as PDF for maximum quality with lowest file size.
- Once files have been attached to a Quick Sale, they can be accessed from anywhere there is access to ZarMoney. Select the Paperclip icon and then the file which file to be viewed.
- To submit the Quick Sale to the Customer via fax, select the Fax Machine icon. The Send Fax window will appear with a text box for the Customer, an additional text box for Other Recipient and a box for an Optional Message (up to 1000 characters). If the fax number for a Customer has been saved in Customer Information, it will automatically be entered in the Customer text box. To send the Quick Sale to a different recipient or to an alternate fax number, enter that fax number in the Other Recipient box. Place a check mark in the box next to the number chosen to fax the Quick Sale to and select Send to send it as is or press PDF Preview to review what will be sent.
- NOTE: It is very important that the number 1 is entered before the fax number, otherwise it will not be delivered.
- A Quick Sale can be sent via Email if the Customer does not have a fax machine or if they prefer to receive the Quick Sale via Email.
- To Email, select the Envelope icon on the upper right hand side of the Quick Sale page. ZarMoney will open a Send Email Window where the Customer's Email address can be entered.. If the Customer's Email address is saved in Customer Information, it will automatically appear in the Send Email Window. On the line below, additional email addresses can be entered (separated by commas) if the Quick Sale is to be sent to multiple recipients. An Optional Message (up to 1000 characters) can be added that will show in the body of the Email. Place a check mark in the box next to the Email address(es) for the receipents of the Quick Sale and select Send.
- Printing a Quick Sale can be useful to provide your customer with a hard copy of what they purchased and the amount of the payment made. A signature on a Quick Sale from a customer can formalize the purchase.
- To Print, select the Printer icon on the upper right hand side of the Quick Sale page. ZarMoney will open the document in another tab to preview the document before printing. To print, select Print.
- You can customize your print template based on the needs of your business and can have different versions of the template to choose from at the time of printing.
- Edit allows items to be removed, prices changed, tax status changed and customer information to be changed.
- To Edit the Sales Order, select the Pencil and Paper Icon. Make sure to Save and Close when finished with changes.
- To Void a Sales Order, hover over Actions and select Void Sales Order from the drop down menu
- In a Quick Sale, select the customer’s Name and it will take you to their Transactions page.
Item Description/Inventory Status:
- In a Quick Sale, select an item to see its details and also to check how much Inventory is available for particular item.
Unit of Measure:
- By hovering over the Unit of Measure (U/M), a description of that unit will appear.
- By hovering over the Tax Type of a line item, the type of tax that is associated with the item will appear.
Add A New Order:
- In Quick Sale, the Add a New button allows a new order to be created for the same Customer.
- From the Add a New menu, a new Quote/Estimate, Sales Order, Invoice, Purchase Order, Quick Sale or Credit Memo can be created for the same vendor. Receipt of a Payment can also be created.
- The Actions button allows you to create a
credit memo, void an invoice, duplicate the invoice, view the status
history, view the invoice history, and view account registers.
Duplicate Quick Sale is used when you have a
customer who purchases the same order each time. You can change the
number of items and prices as needed.
View Status History details when the Quick Sale
was faxed, printed, and emailed.
View Quick Sale History details every time the Quick Sale is changed, who changed it, and when.
View Account Registers reflects which chart of accounts were used in this transaction.
Void Invoice is to void an existing Quick Sale.