A Discount Item calculates a percentage or an amount to be deducted from the subtotal or line item. Use Discount Item to receive or give discounts off the sales price on a sales order, invoice, or purchase order.
For example, if you want to give a discount to a first-time customer you could create a discount item named 'New Customer' for 11% off.
To Add a New Discount Item:
- From any screen in ZarMoney, hover over Items & Services. Click the plus sign next to Item List.
- Select Discount Item.
- The Add a New Discount Item pop up window will appear. Make sure to fill each box accordingly.
- When finished, select Save and Close or Save and New to enter an additional item.
To use the discount item:
- Add the item to your transaction.
- Next, add the discount item.
To apply the discount item to the whole transaction, please see the following article: