Enter Information on an Invoice (Accounts Receivable)
- ZarMoney automatically enters the current date for a new Invoice. To change it, manually enter the date without dashes (MMDDYYYY) or select the calendar to the right and choose the date. The arrow on the left of the month will take you back a month and the arrow on the right will take you forward a month. At the bottom of the pop-up window you can select today's date.
- The date entered should be the date that the materials/service was received by the customer.
- If the customer is not already in the Customer List, you will be prompted to add the customer. This will only add their name. Contact information can be entered at a later time. To add their information immediately, select the Pencil icon to the right of the customer's name after it has been added.
- When adding an Invoice from a customer's Transactions page or from a Sales Order, the customer's saved information will already be entered on the Invoice.
- After the customer information has been entered, a pop-up window will appear with Sales Orders that have not been Invoiced (if any). To Invoice one of the Sales Orders, select the Sales Order and the information from that Sales Order will transfer to your Invoice. To bypass this step and create an Invoice that is not associated with an open Sales Order or Quote/Estimate select Cancel.
- If the company has multiple locations, you can set this up in Company Settings.
- On the Invoice, choose which location the material shipped from. For instance, if you sold material in Las Vegas, but you sent it from Henderson directly to the customer the Invoice should reflect the correct shipping location so that the material shipped is taken out of that inventory.
- When the company has multiple locations, they will be available in a drop down list.
- This is the billing address, and it may differ from the shipping address.
- Below Bill To there is a Copy icon which will copy the Bill To address to the Ship To address field if the address is the same.
- Fields can be customized for all orders, customers, vendors, and items.
- To add Custom Fields or to change Preferences, hover over Company and select Company Preferences.
- From the next screen, select which Preferences to modify
- From the drop down menu, select which type of Custom Field to add. A Check Box would apply to add a field that required a notation that the item was completed. A Date would apply to track the day a task was completed or needs to be started. A Drop Down List would be used for multiple options for a field that need to be manually chosen on each Invoice. Lastly, a Text Box would be used to add a specific notation that was always going to be different on every Invoice.