Enter Items on an Invoice (Accounts Receivable)
- To Invoice an Item, begin typing the Item Name in the Search Box and select it from the drop down menu that appears. If the Item is not already created you have the option to create it at this time.
- When Items are created, a description can also be saved that includes all the details of the Item. The description box will automatically fill in when you choose a saved Item that has a description.
- Enter the Quantity that you are invoicing and the Unit of Measure (U/M).
- Enter the individual Sales price of the Item and the Subtotal will automatically be calculated. If you enter only the Subtotal of the item line, the individual Sales Price will automatically be calculated as long as you have a Quantity.
- You can set up Tax Type in Preferences. On the line items you can choose the tax type that is applicable to each item.
- To add more line items, select Add 5 more lines... at the bottom left of the page.
- When all of the information for the Invoice has been entered, select Save & Close. To continue entering Invoices, select Save & New. To delete all the changes that were made to this Invoice, select Revert and the screen will return to the last saved version of that Invoice (if it was a new Invoice, it will have been deleted and the screen will return to a blank Invoice).
- Once the items have been saved, select Item Name to view the inventory levels, item history, item details, and related items.