Enter Information on Credit Memo
- ZarMoney automatically enters the current date for new Credit Memos. To change it, manually enter the date without dashes (MMDDYYYY) or select the calendar to the right and choose the date. The arrow on the left of the month will take you back a month and the arrow on the right will take you forward a month. At the bottom of the pop-up window you can select today's date.
- The selected date should be the date that the material/items were returned by your company.
- If the Vendor is not already in the Vendor List, you will be prompted to add it. This will only add the Vendor's name, Additional contact information can be added later, or if you would like to add this information immediately, select the Pencil icon to the right of the Vendor's name. When adding a Credit Memo from a Vendor's Transactions page, the Vendor information will already be entered on the Credit Memo
- This is any number you can assign to the Credit Memo for easy identification at a later time.
- If you don't retain the amount of the return as an available credit with the Vendor, this is the company Location where you want a refund sent.
- Fields can be customized for all orders, customers, vendors, and items.
- To add Custom Fields or to change Preferences, hover over Company and select Company Preferences.
- From the left side menu select Custom Fields. From the drop down menu, select Credit Memos.
- Select which type of Custom Field to add. A Check Box would apply to add a field that required a notation that the item was completed. A Date would apply to track the day a task was completed or needs to be started. A Drop Down List would be used for multiple options for a field that need to be manually chosen on each Credit Memo. Lastly, a Text Box would be used to add a specific notation that was always going to be different on every Credit Memo.
- Write the name of the Custom Field in the Label box. Click Add New to save changes.