Create New Purchase Order
A purchase order is generally used for purchasing stock items from a vendor. It contains contact information for the vendor and lists the items being ordered. It also contains payment, shipping terms and prices. The purchase order tracks the status of the order by showing whether items have been partially or completely received.
To create a new Purchase Order:
- Hover over the Purchases Center from any page in ZarMoney and select the Plus Sign next to Purchase Order from the drop down list.
From the Vendor List:
- From the Vendors tab in ZarMoney click hover over Add a new... then from the drop down list select Purchase Order.
Enter Information on a Purchase Order
ZarMoney automatically enters the current date for new Purchase Orders. To change it, manually enter the date without dashes (MMDDYYYY) or select the calendar to the right and choose the date. The arrow on the left of the month will take you back a month and the arrow on the right will take you forward a month. At the bottom of the pop-up window you can select today's date.
- The selected date should be the date that the material or service was ordered by your company.
- If the Vendor is not already in the Vendor List, you will be prompted to add it. This will only add the Vendor's name, Additional contact information can be added later, or if you would like to add this information immediately, select the Pencil icon to the right of the Vendor's name. When adding a Purchase Order from a Vendor's Transactions page, the Vendor information will already be entered on the Purchase Order.
- If the company has multiple Locations or storefronts you can set this up in Company Settings. On the Purchase Order, select the delivery Location for the order.
- If multiple Locations are available, they will show in a drop down list.
- This method products are going to be sent to your company Location. Multiple shipping methods can be saved in Preferences.
- Payment Term is the payment arrangements the company has with the Vendor.
- Fields can be customized for all orders, customers, vendors, and items.
- To add Custom Fields or to change Preferences, hover over Company and select Company Preferences.
- From the next screen, select Custom Fields.
- From the drop down menu, select which type of Custom Field to add. A Check Box would apply to add a field that required a notation that the item was completed. A Date would apply to track the day a task was completed or needs to be started. A Drop Down List would be used for multiple options for a field that need to be manually chosen on each Purchase Order. Lastly, a Text Box would be used to add a specific notation that was always going to be different on every Purchase Order.
Enter Items on a Purchase Order
- When an item is created, a description that includes all the details of the item can also be noted. The Description Box will automatically fill in when a saved item that has a description.
- Enter the Quantity being purchased and the Unit of Measure (U/M).
- Enter the individual Cost of the item and the Subtotal will automatically be calculated. If only the Subtotal of the item line is entered, the individual Cost will be calculated automatically as long as you have a Quantity.
- To add more line items, select Add 5 more lines... at the bottom left of the page.
- When all of the information for the Purchase Order has been entered select Save & Close. To continue entering Purchase Orders press Save & New. To delete all the changes that were made to this Purchase Order, select Revert and the screen will return to the last saved version of that Purchase Order (if it was a new Purchase Order, it will have been deleted and the screen will return to a blank Purchase Order).
- Once the items have been saved, select Item Name to view the inventory levels, item history, item details, and related items.