An Inventory Item is a product that is purchased for resale and is tracked in inventory and on the Inventory Stock Status report. Inventory items appear in customer orders (quotes/estimates, sales orders, invoices, quick sales or customer credit memos/refunds) and in vendor orders (purchase orders, item receipts, or vendor bills).
To Add a New Inventory Item:
- From any screen in ZarMoney, select Items & Services.
Hover over Add a New Item and select Inventory Item.
- The Add a New Inventory Item pop up window will appear. Fill each field accordingly.
- When finished, select Save and Close or Save and New to enter an additional item.
- Fields can be customized for all orders, customers, vendors, and items.
- To add Custom Fields, hover over Company and select Company Preferences.
- Select Custom Fields from the drop down menu.
- Select Inventory Items from the drop down menu.
- From the drop down menu, select which type of Custom Field to add. A Check Box would apply to add a field that required a notation that the item was completed. A Date would apply to track the day a task was completed or needs to be started. A Drop Down List would be used for multiple options for a field that need to be manually chosen on each Inventory Item. Lastly, a Text Box would be used to add a specific notation that was always going to be different on every Inventory Item.