Enter Information on a Credit Memo
- ZarMoney automatically enters the current date for new orders. To change it, manually enter the date without dashes (MMDDYYYY) or click the calendar to the right and choose the date. The arrow on the left of the month will take you back a month and the arrow on the right will take you forward a month. At the bottom of the pop-up window you can select today's date.
- The date entered should be the date that the materials/items were returned by the customer.
- If the customer is not already in the Customer List, you will be prompted to add the customer. This will only add their name. Contact information can be entered at a later time. To add their information immediately, select the Pencil icon to the right of the customer's name after it has been added.
- When adding an Credit Memo from a customer's Transactions page, the customer's saved information will already be entered on the Credit Memo.
- If your company has multiple locations or storefronts you can set this up in Company Preferences. On the Credit Memo you can choose the location where the return was made.
- When you have multiple locations, they will be available in a drop down list.
- This is the customers address where the refund will be sent if isn't retained as an available credit.
- You can customize fields for all orders, customers, vendors, and items.
- To add Custom Fields or to change Preferences, hover over Company and select Company Preferences.
- From the next screen you can select which Preferences you want to modify. For this example we will look at Credit Memo Custom Fields.
- From the drop down menu you choose which type of Custom Field you want to add. A Check Box would apply if you wanted to add a field that just required a notation that it was completed. A Date would apply if you wanted to track the day a task was completed or needs to be started. A Drop Down List would be used if you have multiple options for a field and need to be able to individually choose on each Credit Memo. Lastly, a Text Box would be used if you needed to add a specific notation that was always going to be different on every Credit Memo.